Named after Citadel Class of 1980 graduate and former Indiana Congressman Steve Buyer. Located on the second floor of Mark Clark Hall, the auditorium is frequently used for campus lectures, fine arts performances, student meetings, Red Cross blood drives and various departmental functions.
Named for Col. R. M. Byrd, Class of 1923, who was the head of the chemistry department and also served as an academic dean. It was completed in 1968.
Only capitalize “cadets” when used as a title (Cadets Sanderson and Salazar) or as part of the phrase “Corps of Cadets,” not as a common noun (The cadets leave for winter furlough after their last exam.).
Upper-class cadets of high academic and military standing selected to train freshman cadet recruits. Collective noun, singular in usage but plural in function.
The cadre is responsible for training and motivating the incoming class.
Houses the School of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Zucker Family School of Education. It is named for Ellison Capers, an 1857 graduate who became a Civil War general, and his brother, Francis Withers Capers, who served as the third superintendent of the college from 1852 to 1859.