Named for long-time Charleston mayor and 1964 graduate, the Joseph P. Riley, Jr., Park overlooks the Ashley River. The Citadel Baseball Team shares Riley Park with the Charleston Riverdogs, a Class A affiliate of the New York Yankees.
The park is also known informally as “the Joe.”
Named for Col. Michael Kovats de Fabricy, a Hungarian native who joined patriot forces in 1777 to fight in the American Revolution, Kovats Field is used for faculty, staff and student parking. Kovats was killed in 1779 on Huger Street while leading troops defending Charleston against overwhelming British forces.
Also known as First Battalion, the barracks is named for Charleston philanthropist Andrew Buist Murray. Murray Barracks was originally constructed in 1927; it was rebuilt in 1999.