Washington Light Infantry Field

Recognizes one of the nation’s oldest militia units—the Washington Light Infantry—which guarded the original campus at Marion Square until 1843 when it turned over the facilities to the first Corps of Cadets on March 20 of that year. The unit was also instrumental in the reopening of the college after the Civil War.

Watts Barracks

Also known as Fourth Battalion. Erected in 1996 and named for Lt. Gen. Claudius E. Watts III, a 1958 graduate and the 17th president of the college.