The athletic complex was named for a 1942 alumnus who became president of the college—Lt. Gen. George M. Seignious II. It contains facilities for the football coaches and trainers as well as weight training rooms, lockers and showers.
The Seraph monument honors the collaboration between the United States and England during World War II. The monument is the only installation on United States soil (other than the British Embassy) permitted to fly the White Ensign of the Royal Navy. The British submarine served as the USS Seraph on several missions, including a successful attempt to smuggle Gen. Mark Clark and his spy team into Algeria on a successful covert mission to win French support for the Allied invasion of North Africa.
This granite monument honors the courage and leadership of all Citadel graduates who fought and died while in service. It was raised in 1961, 100 years after Citadel cadets fired on the federal supply ship the Star of the West from the northern point of Morris Island. The monument bears the names of the best-drilled cadet at The Citadel for each year since 1886. The winner of the annual competition wears the Star of the West Medal.
Also known as Fifth Battalion, Stevens Barracks is named for 1849 graduate Maj. P.F. Stevens, who was superintendent of the college from 1859 to 1861.
Houses the Career Center. Thomas P. Stoney served as Charleston’s solicitor and as mayor. After he was killed in an accident in 1973, his wife’s heirs transferred the property to The Citadel.