Crafters License Program
The Citadel’s crafters license program is a great fit for craftspeople, small business owners and other emerging entrepreneurs who are looking to test the market before entering into a broader retail license with The Citadel through its licensing agent, Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC).
These agreements are a legal necessity when selling products with The Citadel’s trademarks, and membership into this program contains the following basic provisions:
- Licensees may sell up to 500 products or up to $5,000 in gross sales. If either of those limits are exceeded, a retail license is required.
- Licensees may only sell licensed articles directly to individual customers. No wholesale sales or sales to any third-party retailers are permitted.
- Licensees are required to pay an annual advanced royalty fee of $250.
- Licensees are required to submit an annual royalty report at the end of each term.
- Licensee must provide product samples for approval prior to manufacturing and distribution.