The athletic complex was named for a 1942 alumnus who became president of the college—Lt. Gen. George M. Seignious II. It contains facilities for the football coaches and trainers as well as weight training rooms, lockers and showers.
Also known as Fifth Battalion, Stevens Barracks is named for 1849 graduate Maj. P.F. Stevens, who was superintendent of the college from 1859 to 1861.
Houses the Career Center. Thomas P. Stoney served as Charleston’s solicitor and as mayor. After he was killed in an accident in 1973, his wife’s heirs transferred the property to The Citadel.
Named for Gen. Charles P. Summerall, the non-denominational chapel was built in 1936. The inscription across the front of the building, “Remember Now Thy Creator in the Days of Thy Youth,” comes from Ecclesiastes 12:1.
The “chapel” is acceptable on second reference.