The Citadel is a college, not a university or school. When referring to the institution as a college, the word should be lowercased. Even when referring specifically to The Citadel, do not capitalize. Treat the word “college” like any other noun that is not a proper name.
There are five schools in the college—the Tommy and Victoria Baker School of Business, the Zucker Family School of Education, the School of Engineering, the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, and the Swain Family School of Science and Mathematics.
A multi-purpose athletics facility that serves as the practice field for The Citadel baseball program. It is located on Rutledge Avenue at the entrance to Hampton Park.
Capitalize only when specifying a specific committee by name. Do not capitalize when referring to a specific body with only the word “committee.”
The Investment Committee meets two weeks prior to the full board.
The committee needs this time to prepare its investment results for presentation to the board.
Unit of affiliation; cadets are assigned to one of 20 companies housed in five battalions (or barracks).
- First Battalion (Murray Barracks)
- Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta Companies
- Second Battalion (Padgett-Thomas Barracks)
- Echo, F-Troop, Golf, Hotel, and Band Companies
- Third Battalion (Law Barracks)
- India, Kilo, Lima, and Mike Companies
- Fourth Battalion (Watts Barracks)
- November, Oscar, Romeo, and Tango Companies
- Fifth Battalion (Stevens Barracks)
- Palmetto Battery; Papa, Sierra, and Victor Companies
Capitalize only when referring to specific cadet companies:
- Each cadet company is assigned a TAC officer.
- The commander of Charlie Company is from Sumter, S.C.