Only capitalize “cadets” when used as a title (Cadets Sanderson and Salazar) or as part of the phrase “Corps of Cadets,” not as a common noun (The cadets leave for winter furlough after their last exam.).
The Citadel is a college, not a university or school. When referring to the institution as a college, the word should be lowercased. Even when referring specifically to The Citadel, do not capitalize. Treat the word “college” like any other noun that is not a proper name.
There are five schools in the college—the Tommy and Victoria Baker School of Business, the Zucker Family School of Education, the School of Engineering, the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, and the Swain Family School of Science and Mathematics.
- First Battalion (Murray Barracks)
- Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, and Delta Companies
- Second Battalion (Padgett-Thomas Barracks)
- Echo, F-Troop, Golf, Hotel, and Band Companies
- Third Battalion (Law Barracks)
- India, Kilo, Lima, and Mike Companies
- Fourth Battalion (Watts Barracks)
- November, Oscar, Romeo, and Tango Companies
- Fifth Battalion (Stevens Barracks)
- Palmetto Battery; Papa, Sierra, and Victor Companies
Capitalize only when referring to specific cadet companies:
- Each cadet company is assigned a TAC officer.
- The commander of Charlie Company is from Sumter, S.C.