Kovats Field

Pronounced kō-vats.

Named for Col. Michael Kovats de Fabricy, a Hungarian native who joined patriot forces in 1777 to fight in the American Revolution, Kovats Field is used for faculty, staff and student parking. Kovats was killed in 1779 on Huger Street while leading troops defending Charleston against overwhelming British forces.

Krause Center for Leadership and Ethics

Pronounced kraus (as in house).

Established in 2003 by a generous endowment from Bill Krause, Class of 1963, and his wife, Gay, the Krause Center for Leadership and Ethics was founded to support The Citadel’s vision to enhance leadership development and ethical growth in its students.