Named for the William M. Altman, Jr. family, the center at the south end of Johnson Hagood Stadium provides locker facilities and hospitality rooms.
Army Maj. Sam M. Savas, Jr., Class of 1951, conceived the idea of a brass bulldog while he was teaching military science from 1962 to 1965. After he was killed in Vietnam in October 1965, cadets donated their brass belt buckles, hat brass and breast plates to create this brass model of the college mascot. The monument also bears the name of his son, Navy Lt. Sam M. Savas III, Class of 1979, who died during a military rescue operation 20 years later.
Named after Citadel Class of 1980 graduate and former Indiana Congressman Steve Buyer. Located on the second floor of Mark Clark Hall, the auditorium is frequently used for campus lectures, fine arts performances, student meetings, Red Cross blood drives and various departmental functions.
Named for Col. R. M. Byrd, Class of 1923, who was the head of the chemistry department and also served as an academic dean. It was completed in 1968.
Houses the School of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Zucker Family School of Education. It is named for Ellison Capers, an 1857 graduate who became a Civil War general, and his brother, Francis Withers Capers, who served as the third superintendent of the college from 1852 to 1859.